The Fellows Program attracts smart, committed people with a background in early childhood, leadership skills, an understanding of the role of public policy and systems in shaping the life experiences of children, and a commitment to working to improve early childhood care and education for all Illinois children.
Specific qualifications include:
- At least five years of professional experience, at least two of which must be in early childhood. Please note that, while no hard and fast rule will be applied, we are looking for people who are relatively early in their careers, with between five and ten years of experience.
- Interest in public policy, advocacy, or systems, and a basic grasp of how they can be used to benefit young children and their families.
- Demonstrated leadership talent.
- Graduate degree preferred.
- People of color strongly encouraged to apply.